- COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that can lead to serious illness and death. Vulnerable populations, including older adults and people of any age who have a significant underlying medical condition, may have a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). While the hotel is taking measures recommended by the public health authorities to mitigate the transmission of the disease and its impact on the people in our area, by visiting The Bellmoor, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19
- Our employees in all departments have undergone specific Coronavirus training to ensure the highest levels of health and safety, and hygiene procedures.
- Employees have been trained to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer every 60 minutes and immediately after any of the following activities: using the restroom, touching the face, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, after removing any personal protective equipment, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
- Employees must have their temperature checked before entering the workplace. If an employee is showing symptoms of COVID-19 such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, they have been advised to NOT come to work.
- We have asked our team members to discontinue handshaking and use noncontact methods of greeting.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed in common areas throughout the resort as well as in employee back-of-house areas such as time clocks, breakrooms, and locker rooms.
- Employees have also been asked to practice physical distancing whenever possible.
- Hotel Guests: Fully vaccinated guests are not required to wear face coverings, although it is highly encouraged when in an enclosed space and especially when social distancing is not feasible. Guests not fully vaccinated are always required to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces. It is expected guests will be honest about their vaccination status and will not be required to show proof of vaccination.
- Hotel Employees: We strongly encourage our team members to get vaccinated if they are eligible. For the safety of our employees and guests, we will continue to require all employees working indoors to wear a face covering and practice social distancing, regardless of vaccination status. Fully vaccinated employees that work outside and do not come in close contact with guests or another employee outside are not required to wear a mask. Masks will remain part of the employee uniform and employees must always keep a mask on their person at all times.
Physical Distancing: Our role in the hospitality industry has always been to bring people together but until it is safe to do so, we ask that you stay at least six feet away from others not traveling with you while standing in line, using elevators, or sitting in public spaces.
- In areas where there is high traffic, we have added floor markings and signage so you know where to stand to comply with physical distancing.
- Per guidance from the Delaware Department of Health, all pool occupancy will be restricted. Our adult pool will be able to accommodate a maximum of twelve guests at a time and the family pool will be able to accommodate a maximum of thirty six guests. Masks will be required on the pool decks (not in the water), and staff members will be actively enforcing these policies.
- We recognize party sizes differ, so our pool seating has signage on every seat advising guests to keep at least two chaise lounges open in between parties to keep the appropriate physical distance. If there is a seat with a reserved sign, you are welcome to move it to an open seat keeping in mind that there must be at least two empty lounges in between you and another guest.
- Our changing room will be closed until further notice.
- Guests will be provided pool and fitness towels in their guest rooms. There will not be pool towels available at the pools, hot tub, and fitness center.
- All restaurant seating has been modified to add ample space by a distance of at least six feet in between each seated party.
- We encourage you to utilize mobile check-in if available and express checkout via your in-room phone. Please make sure we have your current email address on file to ensure delivery of your final folio and/or cell number to text you the information
- We ask you utilize the phone to call us while on property in order to reduce face-to-face contact with our staff as much as possible.
- All meeting and banquet set ups will allow for physical distancing between guests. After every event, the room will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Employees will not open doors of cars, taxis or Uber/Lyft rides.
- Doors leading to the reception area will be manually operated by an employee, propped open or kickplates will be installed on the bottom of doors to limit multiple people touching the door handles.
- If a guest requests bell service, the employee will wear gloves to handle luggage and sanitize the bell cart after each guest is assisted. Employees will not enter guest rooms and will place luggage outside the room for guests to bring in on their own.
- Guests will be asked to swipe their own credit card where possible.
- Our afternoon refreshment hour has been temporarily suspended.
- Signage is posted to inform guests to wait for the next empty elevator if an elevator is occupied.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all elevator landings.
- Guests are provided with a stylus device at check-in to touch elevator buttons.
- Elevator button panels are disinfected by an employee at least every hour.
- We ask all guests to utilize stairs whenever possible.
- We are spending extra time using sanitizing methods in advance of your arrival and our staff will avoid entering a room that has been cleaned.
- Our disinfectant products meet EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We have added additional cleaning staff to increase the frequency of deep cleaning and disinfecting surfaces of public touch points throughout the day including but not limited to elevator buttons, door knobs, handles, faucets, hand rails, pool chairs, trash-receptacle touch points, key pads, luggage carts, stairwells, fitness center, counters, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- After checkout, rooms are sanitized following strict industry cleaning procedures with particular attention paid to disinfecting door handles, hard surface furniture, tables, nightstands, furniture knobs and handles, light switches and thermostats, drapery pull handles, telephone and keypad, remote control, alarm clock, television, safety latch and peephole, trash receptacle, faucet handles, toilet and shower handles. Daily housekeeping services have been suspended. If you require your room to be serviced during your stay, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance and we will service it for you. There will be an additional fee charged.
- If you need extra linen/towels, please contact the front desk, and they will be placed in a plastic bag outside of your guestroom door. Additionally, all magazines, notepads, and high-touch amenities have been removed from your room. These items will be available upon request for the duration of your stay.
- All laundry will be washed using the warmest appropriate water setting as recommended by the CDC.
- Employees have been trained to sanitize their workstation and any shared tools/equipment before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to another employee. These items include but are not limited to radios, keys, phones, computers, keyboard, mouse, payment terminals, engineering tools, cleaning equipment, time clocks, carts and other items employees directly touch throughout the property.
2.) All Spa Guests will need to wear face masks in the Spa and during all treatments (except facials). The Spa will provide face masks to all who need them.
3.) Our front desk staff will welcome you upon arrival and initiate a screening protocol, including temperature checks prior to your service. Anyone with a temperature of 100ºF or higher will have to rebook their appointment.
4.) Our lockers in the bathroom will be temporarily closed. You will be given a disposable bag to place all of your belongings and you may change in the treatment room.
5.) Service providers will wear all proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including, but not limited to, wearing face masks during treatments. Verbal and visual confirmation will be given to your service provider(s) that their hands have been sanitized immediately prior to the start of your service.
6.) You will be given the opportunity to pay for your treatment(s) and gratuity in advance to allow for a touchless transaction. We will also accept cash or credit, debit, or gift cards or gift certificates at check-out.